Every musician knows that delay makes for one of the most important effects on the pedalboard. Besides, these days ‘delay’ could mean a lot of things. For instance- a soft slapback or some strong ambient score for your guitar.
- 1 Our Under $200 Delay Pedal Recommendations
- 1.1 1. MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay
- 1.2 2. BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay
- 1.3 3. Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay
- 1.4 4. Wampler Ethereal Delay and Reverb
- 1.5 5. EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Digital Delay
- 1.6 6. Danelectro BackTalk Reverse Delay
- 1.7 7. JHS Lucky Cat Delay
- 1.8 8. Walrus Audio ARP-87 Multi-Function Delay
- 1.9 9. NUX Atlantic Multi Delay
- 1.10 10. Mad Professor MAD-SSR Guitar Delay
- 2 Some Other Quick Picks
- 3 Delay Pedals Under $200 Conclusion
In this guide, we have tried to cover the best delay pedal under 200. From echoes to tremolo- these pedals will make sure you get what you want for your track.
Want to know which delay pedal is best for your tone? Here are some of the top delay pedals that you can find in the market for less than $200.
Our Under $200 Delay Pedal Recommendations
1. MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay
The MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay was introduced ten years ago. Since then, it has been the best-selling delay pedal in the market. Thus, it should come as no surprise that its deluxe version takes the first place in our list of top delay pedal under $200.
The delay analog pedal features an analog design with a bucket brigade. Furthermore, it has 60ms of organic and darkly lush delay that also features textured modulation. It goes without saying that it receives a thumbs up even in terms of price.
We’d like to bring your attention to how the company has preserved the original quality of repetitive echoes. Not only this, this version further comes with versatile and vibrant analog delay. There is no second-guessing the obvious fact. It is the best product in this list.
- Eight bucket-brigade chips
- 1200ms of delay
- Total of five controls
- Bright, Tap Div, and Mod push buttons available.
- 9 Volt battery
- It offers beautiful variations through the Tap Div switch.
- Produces warm slapback and prolonged delays
- Authentic and Versatile echo
Take a look at more best analog delay options here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAwmYauiHx0
Check The Latest Price On The MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay
2. BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay
The Boss DD 8 is another one of our favorites under $200. It is highly feature-rich and has a wide range of controls. Moreover, it is very compact and easy to use with various attributes. For example- more connectivity, more control options, increased delay time, and improved sounds.
All of this is provided to you with a standard BOSS pedal. In addition, this guitar pedal can easily slide into any stereo or mono setup. What more, the pedal offers an exceptional sonic range.
Additionally, it comes with a +RV type that can blend reverb and delay together. The wrap effect is perfect for ambient and dynamic textures. On the other hand, GLT works wonderfully for glitch rhythms.
- Eleven Modes with basic and exotic delay colors.
- Unlimited overdub capacity looper.
- External control support.
- Produces sounds that are bigger and better.
- You can tap in tempos through the pedal switch.
- The battery life could have been improved.
The loop function could have been better.
Take a look at these other best Boss delay options too.
3. Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay
The EP103 offers echo effects that are similar to the original EP-3. Furthermore, the pedal is much more compact and handy. Its size is comparable to that of Phase 90. In addition to this, there are new features like mono and age mode.
This is a delay pedal that is famous for its organic and warm modulation. It also affords a sweet quality to your music- a quality that is essential for iconic guitar playing. Other than this, it delivers the EP-3’s memorable tones with a simple interface.
The pedal is a perfectly calibrated machine. It is bright and clear with factory-fresh tape echo. In addition, it features a flutter and subtle wow modulation. You can “age” the tone of your repeats and darken it as you wish. All these features make it a great pick.
- Stereo Out/In capacity when TRS cables in use
- Age Control that varies delay tone from dirty to dark.
- 40-750 ms of delay time possible
- Studio low noise floor
- The internal switch allows users to choose the stereo output.
- Digital emulations also allow the effects to sound unique.
- It makes your chords sound very lively and rich.
- Very lush, three-dimensional sounds.
- The footswitch jack can be faulty.
- Delay speed dial might have some issues.
4. Wampler Ethereal Delay and Reverb
In addition, there are not one but two delay installed within Wampler Ethereal. The function of the first delay is much like your heartbeat and comes back every quarter second. The second one is layered on top and creates a triplet pattern.
Also, you can adjust this to get a dotted 8th. This allows you to beautify your quarter with a dotted eighth mix. Moreover, it allows for a self-oscillating eighth pattern that can take you away and lead you to the edge. One in our highly recommended best delay pedals under $200, it will fit in perfectly with your musical routine.
- Echo time- 10ms to 1 second
- Two delays layered together
- Top-mounted input and output jacks
- 9v power jack
- It is made of high-grade components that provide superior response and sound.
- You can relay the bypass through a soft switch.
- The delay can be as high as 1 second.
- You can use reverb and delays together.
- The sound is somewhat mushy and dark
5. EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master V3 Digital Delay
It has cavernous reverb and lush delays, which will satisfy all your requirements. Moreover, the delays will not degrade over time and create a quality sound for a long time. This massive reverb is capable of producing pools of echoes and subtle ambiance as well.
This pedal has great character and depth in its tone. It has two main effects which can be used together creatively. Just like other items from Earthquaker, V3 also uses premium components.
- Dry and wet mix control
- Delay time up to 1.5 seconds
- Adjustable reverb
- It has a Flexi switch, which allows latching and momentary operation.
- You can get shimmering reverb and subtle ambiance.
- There is a repeat control to thicken the reverb.
- Comfortable soft-touch switch.
- It does not have too many variations.
- The costs could have been reduced.
6. Danelectro BackTalk Reverse Delay
Danelectro has been upping its game in terms of movie gear. This is one of the rarest models among the company’s popular line of effects pedals. Hence it makes it to our list.
The original backtalk was launched in the late 90s. With loads of features, Back Talk Reverse is capable of blending all dry signals effectively. Also, the quality of your input signals is improved greatly with the repeats feature of the device.
When operating the all-wet mixes, you are able to eliminate unnecessary dry signals. Not only this, but it also produces some very original reverse tape effects. Other than that, its slapback tones exhibit signs of lo-fi mingling as well.
- Various controls for speed, repeats, and dry/wet mix
- Electric guitars can use reverse delay effects
- Reverse tape structures that are very convincing.
- Fun and intuitive to use.
- Value for money.
- You can remove all dry signals
- The sound quality could have been better.
Find more small delay pedal options here.
Check The Latest Price On The Danelectro BackTalk Reverse Delay
7. JHS Lucky Cat Delay
There is a time control which gives you control over the music repeats by 1000ms. Furthermore, the mix is able to control the subdivisions of the tap tempo. Not only this, but you also get various options for triplets, eighth note, quarter note, and so on.
Naturally, every guitarist/musician wants more. This version by JHS comes with enhanced tap tempo, more delay time, and a host of other features. However, it still carries the musical character and warmth that was provided by the original pedal.
- Basic controls such as modulation, repeats, ratio, and darken
- Time controls speed up to 1000ms
- You can produce clean to wet sounds.
- You can control the number of repeats you hear.
- The delay can darken your tones and give you a range of delay tones.
- Subtle and deep modulation available.
- There are no analog delay oscillations.
Only two modulation settings
8. Walrus Audio ARP-87 Multi-Function Delay
Walrus Audio ARP-87 has a number of features like- filters, modulations, and color variations. Therefore, we simply had to put it in our list. But this device is specially engineered for tap-tempo control freaks and does not have a time knob.
It relies greatly on a tap tempo switch as well as a subdivision knob, which helps you determine the repeat rate. While Dampen controls the tone, it also helps to take the sheen off your delay. Moreover, it greatly brightens the “analog” voice as well.
You can easily switch between four basic algorithms. However, there are no detents on the switches. This makes them slightly difficult to operate.
- Solid construction
- Soft relay switches
- Orderly circuit board
- Some of the best sound effects and modulations.
- It has a wonderful matte-sparkle finish.
- There is no time knob.
- The individual controls are very overpowering.
9. NUX Atlantic Multi Delay
Although it is not comparable to artificial sounds, the NUX Atlantic will dish anything from Gilmour-Esque audios to country slapbacks. One of our highest selling choices, this remains a favorite among customers.
This is a two-in-one stompbox that can create amazing delay and reverb sound effects. Furthermore, this device offers three kinds of delays- 60s, 70s, and 90s. In addition, this effect has the Tap Tempo function, which can set the rhythm through the footswitch.
The range of the delay is from 125ms to 1500ms. Thus, you have several patterns that you can work with. Not only this, but the NUX Atlantic also produces some of the warmest sounds you will ever hear from a delay pedal. Moreover, the pedal produces the best sounds that will take you to the coastal areas.
The pedal creates the perfect polyphonic atmosphere with perfect sound reflections. In fact, since, there is an option to adjust the tank size, you can set it up as per your preference.
- Tap Tempo functionality
- Footswitch for delay
- Stereo option with a single input and double outputs
- Delay and shimmer can be used together.
- Easy to operate and use.
- Perfect for beginners, intermediate and advanced players.
- The control panel could have been more sophisticated.
10. Mad Professor MAD-SSR Guitar Delay
Firstly, time control allows you to determine the length of the reverb. Secondly, there’s the tone control, which acts as the fidelity filter. And lastly, reverb control mixes the WET Reverb effect in the dry signal.
Even though there isn’t any noise reduction system, the pedal does its job really well. Moreover, the absence of noise reduction system makes the decay natural. The performance of the pedal is quite well as it creates a natural sounding ambient.
In fact, the ambient reverb does not get in the way of the original sound. Also, the SSR can be utilized before distortion. You will have to take advantage of the low Reverb setting for the pedal in that case.
- Long Reverb Time setting
- Lo-fi spring sound
- Studio Quality tones
- The product has excellent build quality.
- It is an absolute value for money product.
- Easy to read and use.
- The input for the power supply is on the side.
Some Other Quick Picks
- TC Electronics Flashback Mini
- Electro Harmonix Canyon Delay
- Electroharmonix Deluxe Memory Boy
- Strymon El Capistan
- MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Boss DD500 Digital Delay
- Eventide Timefactor Twin
- DOD Rubberneck
- Seymour Duncan Vapor Trails
- Strymon Timeline Delay
- Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
- Keeley Caverns
Delay Pedals Under $200 Conclusion
Delays are not created equal. Therefore, the best delay pedal under $200 will depend upon your needs. These are some of the best delay pedals that you will find for under $200. You can rely on any of these suggestions and have the perfect sound as per your preferences.
Do you need vintage emulations to produce music from bygone days? Do you want to experiment and tweak with atmosphere and ambiance?
No matter your need, we are sure that you will be able to find the perfect pedal for yourself from our list above!
Want to see some other options for your pedal boards? Take a look: