Loopers are a vital accessory in a musical performance and live recording as well. This device is linked with guitarists, and it can also be utilized by any musicians, artists, and performers. Since the release of the very first looping station back in 2001 by Boss, this gadget has come and gone in all sizes and shapes, packed with an array of features.
On the other hand, the company has kept on blazing the trail, which comes to this musical accessory, continuously furnishing the industry of music with dependable and efficient looping stations. So, you may be thinking of getting one. Yes, there are a lot of choices to choose from, but if you want the best, Boss looping products are the best choices.
How do you make a choice, and which one will meet all your needs and requirements? As mentioned above, Boss is the leading and reliable maker of looping stations. As such, we will company two the best loop stations they offer; RC1 vs. RC3.
These two loop pedals ( RC1 and RC3) are exceptional in their own ways. If you want to know more about these items, we suggest keeping on reading. This will give you an insight on which one to purchase.
The Similarities between RC1 and RC3
When talking about the similarities of these two looping stations, it is vital to keep in mind that many of these similarities cut across the two models.
- Seal of Superiority – In spite of the model, each loop station offered by Boss is made in accordance to the performance and quality standard of the company.
- Memory – Both the RC1 and the RC3 comes equipped with memory storage for the loops, even in different capacities.
- Pedals – Both the RC1 and the RC3 has one pedal for looping functions.
- Stereo Outputs and Inputs – Both the RC1 and the RC3 comes equipped with outputs and inputs to boost the stereo effects during performing and recording.
The Difference between RC1 and RC3
The disparities between these two models differ as follows:
- Memory Storage – The RC3 comes with 99 onboard memory locations while the RC1 just have one onboard memory.
- Utmost Recording Time – The RC1 can record up to 12 minutes, while a maximum record time of three hours is required for the RC3 model.
- Tracks – Both the RC3 and the RC1 are featured with a single stereo track.
- Power – Both models can be powered using 9v batteries or AC adapter.
- Pedals – Both the RC3 and the Rc1 model come with a pedal, while other models like the RC30 has two pedals.
- Auto Record – The RC1 doesn’t have an auto-record, while the RC3 has this feature.
- USB Input port – The Boss RC1 has no USB port, while the RC3 model comes with a USB port for external storage of loops and when you export and import WAV files.
- XLR Input – The Boss RC30 is integrated with an XLR input for mics, while the RC1 models don’t equip with this feature.
- Phantom Power – Both the RC3 and the RC1 model don’t equip with an XLR input or also known as phantom power.
- Indicators- Indicators differ in the two models; the RC1 model has just a twenty-four segment circular color LED indicator in which the RC3 comes with a two-digit display for showing the location of the memory, a REC indicator as well as a PLAY indicator.
- Controls – Controls differ. RC1 features a single knob in controlling the volume of the loop. RC3 model, on the other hand, is known for its volume and another one for rhythm volume. It is also armed with up and down keys for the memory location displays. It has a delete and writes buttons, a on and off button as well as tap tempo button.
Boss RC-1 Overview
It doesn’t matter if you an upcoming or new artist or skilled performer; you will find that the RC-1 looping station is user-friendly and simple to use. Only measures 2.9 by 2.4 by 5.1 inches, this looping station comes equipped with a pedal for setting looping functions which include play, record, stop playback as well as erase the recording. It has a key for setting the volume of the loop. Therefore, it keeps the recording even if it is switched off.
It has an utmost recording time of twelve minutes, so you are able to record, overdub as well as playback loops. Also, you can undo or redo loops.
It has a 24 segment spherical LED indicator that shows the mode of the looping station, and its speed of rotation reveals the length of the loop.
The Boss RC1 model is integrated with a pair of stereo output and input and a mono output and input as well.
- Outputs and inputs
- Twelve minutes utmost recording
- LED loop length indictor
- Easy and simple pedal control
- Just one loop can be stored
Why consider the Boss RC1 model?
If you are a first time users of a looper or simply searching for something to improve your skills at the comfort of your home, then you will find this one to be useful and a great buddy.
Boss RC-3 Review
Another remarkable looping station offered by Boss is the RC-3. This has a measurement of 12.9 by 7.3 by 5.9 inches that have 99 onboard storage memories for the loops and up to three hours of audio recording.
It is integrated with a two-digit LED display, which shows the existing memory. It is also equipped with a REC indicator and a PLAY light indicator. It also equipped with a real drums rhythm guide that offers pre-recorded rhythm types like Shuffle, Pop, Funk, Rock as well as Latin and R&B. It has dual knob controls with inner handling the rhythm as well as the outer knob, which controls the volume of the loop.
You can show the time for every recording and set the tempo through tap tempo. The integrated Auto Record feature begins recording right away. You strike the first note on guitar as any linked audio players begin playing.
Also, it comes equipped with a count-in mode that provides a bar of rhythm prior to recording. Every phrase, due to the integrated time rhythm and signature, makes this the best choice. The AUX-In jack allows you to connect the external sound source and then record input and use it in a loop.
An extra USB 2.0 port allows connection to a personal computer in exporting or importing WAV audio formats. Also, it is run by a 9-V alkaline, or by AC power supply, optionally. The company provides a generous warranty on this unit.
- It has ninety-nine storage memories
- Utmost of three hours of recording
- Integrated with AUX-IN jack
- Ten onboard rhythms
- Count-in mode recording
- Auto Record feature
- Too many functions footswitch such as start, stop, erase as well as record
Why Buy Boss RC3 model?
Expert and skilled musicians who are searching for a state of the art features in easy to use looper will surely find this unit a remarkable choice.
Take a look at these looper pedals for live shows too.
You will never go wrong if you purchase Boss products. Picking which of these two products RC1 vs. RC3 to purchase will surely rely on what you need them for as well as what you like them to carry out for you.