Buying a guitar amp is a big decision to make. The amplifier has the biggest impact on your music, after all.
For that reason, it’s important to determine the amplifier that matches with your needs. Are you going to use it as a blank canvas for your guitar pedal collection? Or are you searching for a specific gain channel of a brand to achieve a particular sound?
Whatever your case might be, you have come to the right place. In this simple guide, we have gathered the best clean guitar amps you should weigh in mind.
Are you ready? Keep reading for more information!
Our Top Clean Guitar Amp Recommendations
1. Fender ’65 Twin Reverb
While there are many things it can perform, Fender ’65 Twin Reverb is capable of getting additional note separation. Thanks to its two-speaker configuration. It is also developed to maintain clarity and accuracy, even at a higher volume level.
Fender ’65 Twin Reverb is the number one option for those who want to achieve a reverb effect in their music. That’s not all! It is easy to customize according to your interests and preferences.
Aside from great customization options, Fender ’65 Twin Reverb has intensity controls and speed, enabling you to enhance tone and sound quality.
Fender ’65 Twin Reverb provides two vibrato channels and a user-friendly switch. If you dream of putting a retro spin on any modern style, this guitar amp won’t be a disappointment. It can make your specific dreams happen.
- Two speaker configuration. A single speaker configuration might be inconvenient to use. Fender ’65 Twin Reverb has two speaker configuration for you.
- Consistent clarity and output
- Convenient tone-shaping options
- Fantastic note separation
- It is expensive for non-professional guitarists.
2. VHT AV-SP1-6
Have you done some research on the best clean guitar amp? Probably, you have encountered VHT AV-SP1-6 for the first time. Yes, VHT AV-SP1-6 indeed is one of the most straightforward tube amps in today’s market. For that reason, both of its output and clarity superb. More particularly, it has 1 output tune and 1 preamp tube.
While it only features a boost switch and tone and volume controls, it is a good investment for guitarists and other music producers.
Many people believe that the top clean guitar amps can break their bank. VHT AV-SP1-6, on the other hand, is competitively priced and can ensure bigger savings over time.
Ideal for aspiring guitarists, VHT AV-SP1-6 is also perfect for experienced guitar players. It is indeed a multipurpose amp to take into account.
VHT AV-SP1-6 can be a good blank canvass for amp modders. In fact, it is easy to customize, reaching your unique preferences and requirements. From a blues amp, a small heavy metal amp to a rock amp, it is indeed a flexible option for everyone.
- It comes with schematics.
- The fender vibe is vintage.
- A great solution to master your craft and skills.
- The tone controls are simplified for your convenience.
- It is only suited for modders.
3. Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus
Clean channel sound? Quality performance? Competitive rate? Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus has them all. Whether you have been using an inefficient or poor quality guitar amp, Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus should be on top of your list.
Similar to other amps, it features chorus, reverb, and vibrato effect, enabling you to experiment with your music.
Designed with a classic 80’s look, Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus is stunning and stylish.
Apart from the appeal and design, this guitar amp is designed to go hand in hand with a quality tone with accuracy.
Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus is available with two channels with three-band EQs. Guitar players also love its speed, mode selection, and controls for depth.
Another advantage of the Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus is its stereo output. You would also enjoy its overall output, 12-inch speakers, depth of effects, and note definition.
- A true and reliable stereo amp your recording studio must-have
- An outstanding solution for live performance
- There are separate channel EQs you can experience at the end of the day
- It is close to a tube amp clean vibe
- The distortion channel is not as good as you imagine.
- It might not go beyond your expectations.
4. Fender Blues Junior IV
Featuring a single speaker, Fender Blues Junior IV is designed with 15 watts of output. This means you can put a mic in front of the guitar amp, control the volume, and maintain tonal clarity with just a tap of a button.
While it only has a single channel, Fender Blues Junior IV performs just like other competing and popular brands of 2020.
If you have been using a complicated amp for months now, get it replaced with Fender Blues Junior IV. It is relatively simple but efficient.
When you began navigating the guitar amp, you will find a master volume, reverb knobs, and a three-band EQ, adding some nuance to sound quality and performance.
Fender Blues Junior IV offers a preamp gain boost, which you can activate from the footswitch. Then, it would level up your sound. The style, on the contrary, has an interesting retro vibe.
- Its Celestion speaker is capable of eliminating muddy sounds.
- The guitar amp has a balanced tonal profile with midrange presence.
- The low sound is not only clear but also detailed.
- Build quality is durable and long-lasting.
- It is not as punchy as the original model.
5. VOX V9106
Available with a twin-channel VOX microamp, VOX V9106 enhances your music with a good amount of punch.
Before, switching from a clear sound to a deep distortion tone was complicated. Today is different. With the availability of VOX V9106, you can complete the process within a minute or two. Guitar players love the transition between a high-gain tone and crispy blues.
When it comes to its style, it is distinct and appealing. While the diamond grille design makes the amp unique, you can use the headphone jack to practice at night. The filtered line output, on the contrary, is responsible for individual recording.
- Great vox tone, which can change your overall experience
- Controls include bass, treble, gain, and volume
- A long-lasting and durable investment for all
- Suitable for personal recording
- The right option for any private practice sessions
- Overdrive is excellent for jamming
- It offers one of the highest sound quality and clarity
- A good mini amp for both beginners and seasoned guitar players
- There are no built-in effects.
- It is not battery powered.
6. Marshall DSL40C
Manufactured by Marshall, DSL40C is one of the leading company’s bestsellers.
As a great-valued guitar amp, Marshall DSL40C can generate a fantastic, accurate, and sharp sound quality.
Marshall DSL40C is feature-packed. Its durability, for instance, is on a different level. It boasts a stable Celestion 12 inch speaker, which you can enjoy the flawless and clear sound quality. Other excellent additions include ultra gain and foot switchable classic channels.
Equalization knobs come in five different types, including Resonance, Middle, Presence, Bass, and Treble.
When it comes to versatility, Marshall DSL40C is one of the top rated clean guitar amps. Its triode and rear panel pentode, for instance, can switch from 20 watts to 40 watts, providing flexibility and good performance.
- It is available with Ultra Gain and Classic Gain.
- Incredible construction quality, making it a good investment for beginners and experienced guitar players.
- The 12 inch Celestion speaker is powerful and effective.
- It is competitively priced and won’t break your bank.
- There’s no available amp cover.
- Customers complain about the reverb circuit.
- Other guitar players are disappointed with the design.
7. VOX AC15
Unlike Marshall and Fender, Vox has been the number one in the hearts of many guitar players around the world.
For that reason, its clean sound and midrange-heavy overdrive have been imitated by many competitors.
When Vox manufacturers and provides AC15, it has created a buzz from all corners of the globe.
As a 15w two-channel amp, VOX AC15 features top-boot and normal channels. Each has its own volume control.
The Top-Boost channel, however, controls for bass and treble. There are also controls for master volume, tone cut, tremolo depth, speed, and reverb level.
- Packed with a 1×12” 16 ohm Celestion speaker
- Powered by 12 eL84 power amp tubes and 3 12AX7 preamp
- The normal channel can shimmer sparkle
- Its tremolo sound is perfect
- A pedal-friendly channel, which can handle distortion pedals and overdrive
- The top boost sound ranges from classic rock, modern rock to blues
- Suitable for a wide variety of styles
- Capable of blending into a mix
- Lightweight and compact
- Similar to AC30, VOX AC15 tends to overheat.
- It doesn’t have a mid-range control.
- It doesn’t have a lot of headroom.
Top Clean Guitar Amplifiers Conclusion
Fantastic note separation? Fender ’65 Twin Reverb is the best.
Simplified tone controls? VHT AV-SP1-6 is perfect.
A true amp for your studio? Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus got you covered!
So, before you visit popular ecommerce platforms like Amazon, identify your needs beforehand. Even if you are a beginner, you will find the selection process as easy as 1,2,3. You can also ask your closest friends and colleagues for some help.