You have already bought a guitar to record your own song. What’s next? It’s time to purchase the best audio interface for guitar to make things easier. The main advantage of investing in a quality audio interface is that you can produce music with better sound quality.
But searching for an audio interface is quite confusing and time-consuming, especially for beginners. Worry no more! In this article, we have gathered the top 8 audio interfaces for your guitar. The pros and cons of every interface are discussed to help you make decisions with confidence. So, without further ado, let’s start! Enjoy!
Our Top Guitar Audio Interfaces Recommendations
1. Audient Sono Guitar Audio Interface
As a flexible brand, Audient Sono consists of a 12AX7-fueled preamp and cabinet stimulation.
People also love its 3-band EQ, re-amping capabilities, and other excellent features.
Manufactured and developed by a French cab modeling masters a respected UK audio company, Audient Sono is another go-to option for all.
What else? It features a three-band tone stack.
Perfect for those who don’t have a prior experience, Audient Sono is easy to use and user-friendly. But if you find something confusing, there’s an instruction manual you can take advantage of.
If it doesn’t work, you can contact the customer representatives of the company for more details.
- The two-note cabs sound fantastic, sharp, and accurate.
- The interface is simple and simple to browse. There’s no complicated procedure to follow. The company develops the audio interface with the client’s convenience and satisfaction in mind.
- It’s possible to record using your guitar pedals.
- It offers low latency that you would enjoy.
- Expect a dedicated re-amp output.
- It is not bus-powered. Good news! There are other audio interfaces you can invest in.
- The headphone is too noisy.
2. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (2nd Gen)
The red-colored exterior is not only durable but also stylish. When used properly, it can last for years which you can boast to closest friends and even colleagues.
Aside from the style, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (2nd Gen) comes with an anodized aluminum case, enabling it to resist the test of time.
Similar to other best audio interfaces, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (2nd Gen) features 2 inputs and outputs. That’s not all! It has 2 quality preamps.
With a flick of a switch, it would be easy to hear what you record thru your headphones or speakers.
- The design ensures zero latency, allowing to focus on recording alone.
- It features a 24-bit resolution at 96 kHz.
- Able to produce a high quality conversion.
- Every note and other small details are captured as effectively as possible.
- It eliminates a complicated setup process. Thanks to its USB connection.
- The drivers from the official website of the manufacturer are not as good as you imagine.
- The latency might be a headache due to the hardware.
3. M-Audio M-Track 2X2M
Who says audio recording is technical and complicated? M-Audio M-Track 2X2M takes the process to a different level. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned producer, this audio interface is a worth-it investment you should have this 2020.
- Multiple inputs and outputs. It has 2 inputs and 2 outputs you would love. Also, it features MIDI.
- Hi-Speed connections. Poor connections are disappointing. M-Audio M-Track 2X2M got you covered. Its connections, on the other hand, is fast and convenient.
- Good software. It is available with sought-after software. Popular programs include Steinberg Cubase LE, Xpand, AIR Creative FX Collection, and more.
- Professional recording. The software is developed to work as smoothly as possible. It is user-friendly and ideal for professionals out there.
- Stress-free Installation. If you encounter some trouble setting up M-Audio M-Track 2X2M, don’t worry. There’s an instruction manual you can use. Customer representatives are also friendly and approachable.
- It might be too technical for some users.
- A little bit difficult to use, especially for those who don’t have a prior experience.
- It takes time. Before you can navigate it like a pro, it really takes a lot of effort, patience, and time.
4. IK Multimedia iRig HD2
It features a ¼ amp output jack that many amateur and pro music producers would love from start to finish.
It comes with an FX/thru switch toggles between the operation modes.
Similar to other options, IK Multimedia iRig HD2 has an FX setting developed to process or even feed your signal to your amp without using an adapter.
The thru mode, on the other hand, is responsible for sending an unprocessed signal. For that reason, you can use your smartphone ass a recorder and tuner at the same time.
- It is a complete package for everyone
- The digital audio quality is stunning and can reach all your unique expectations
- It is portable, which you can bring anywhere without any troubles
- The AmpliTube software is popular as a virtual tone recording studio
- All excellent features are ideal for any live performance
- A high quality instrument every aspiring music producer must-have
- It is compatible to iPhone 7. To know other compatible devices, visit the official website of the manufacturer
- Available with loop strip and mic stand support
- It might be expensive for some. But its features make the price worth it.
5. Apogee Jam 96K
When used properly, Apogee Jam 96K converts your guitar signal to 96 kHz digital audio, which you can send to any of your IOS devices, iPhone and iPad.
Since its preamp circuit is tuned for instruments, Apogee Jam 96K offers enough amount of dynamic range and headroom, offering a multi-purpose audio interface.
It features a built-in limiter tailored to prevent signal clipping, LED monitoring, and a discreet gain knob.
Apogee Jam 96K is streamlined, competitively priced, and compact, completing your collection.
The compatibility with Apple devices and sound quality is incredible as well.
- Apogee Jam 96K sounds good, clear, sharp, and accurate, taking your experience to a different level.
- Its clarity helps guitarists and music producers achieve professional-quality recordings with optimal comfort and peace of mind.
- It is simple. The performance or efficiency can compete with other high-end and advanced brands on the market.
- It improves your productivity and quality results as well.
- Many customers do not love the small gain knob.
- The exterior of the unit is made from plastic, which is prone to damages and scratches.
- Some are not happy with the proprietary lightning cable.
6. PreSonus Audiobox USB 96
Who doesn’t want a simple and competitively priced audio interface? Every music producer dreams of using a flexible interface. But with a wide variety of options, it would be difficult to pick the brand that best suits your requirements.
This is where Presonus Audiobox USB 96 can make a big difference. It is not only affordable but also can handle all your recording needs.
Just like the best audio interfaces, Presonus Audiobox USB 96 offers quality preamps for all its combination inputs.
It is compact, portable, and lightweight that can complete your recording studio.
But wait, there’s more. PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 is easy to use and set up. If you experience a hard time using the interface, the instruction manual is useful.
- The chassis is as durable as you think. It is long-lasting and can withstand the test of time
- The footprint is smaller than many competing brands
- Available with 2 combination inputs
- It comes with level dials with clipping indicators
- A great option for low latency headphone monitoring
- Driver-less installation and setup
- Both the headphone and microphone versions are costlier than ever.
- It might be hard to use for beginners.
7. PreSonus Studio 24C
When it comes to digital audio quality, PreSonus Studio 24C can compete with other brands in today’s market.
Operating at 92 Hz sample rate, it guarantees crystal-clear, sharp, and accurate sound.
Packed with XMAX-L preamps, this audio interface is developed for rappers, mobile musicians, podcasters, guitarists, vocalists, and other professionals.
Aside from that, the rear-panel line outputs let you connect studio monitors within a minute or two. You can also ask for help from friends and colleagues for your peace of mind.
- It is not only bus-powered but also mobile-ready. It is indeed a flexible audio interface for all
- Developed with 2 dynamic and clear XMA-L microphone preamplifiers
- It provides a studio-grade digital resolution
- Can ensure both low-latency direct monitoring and ladder-style LED monitoring
- The package includes software for both Windows PCs and Mac. Whatever the device you are using, PreSonus Studio 24C can fulfill your needs
- Designed with Studio Magic Plug-in Suite, which is a collection of plug-ins
- It might be tricky to use for some. But after days of practice, it would be stress-free to utilize.
8. Apogee Duet 2
What is one of the most crucial elements of a recording studio? It probably the audio interface. A good audio interface can make a big difference in the workflow, leading to crystal-clear recording quality.
With different models in today’s market, it is hard to find the right option. This is where Apogee Duet 2 can come into play.
As one of the most popular brands, Apogee is committed to providing audio interfaces, headsets, mics, and other products for everyone.
What makes the Duet 2 different from others is that it caters to the unique needs of every MacOS user out there. It is portable and can get its job done without compromising quality.
- Made from aluminum, the body is also glass compact and impact-resistant
- It comes with touchpads and multi-control knob
- Available with 2 combined analog inputs
- The design is durable and aesthetically-pleasing as well
- It is easy to use and set up, perfect for those who are less tech-savvy
- The audio quality is highly recommended and incredible
- The installation is fun and simple
- Connection glitches are a common problem, so don’t be surprised.
- It doesn’t have MIDI input
- It is not compatible with any Windows PCs
Best Guitar Audio Interface Conclusion
Since you’re already aware of the best audio interface for guitarists, what are you going to do now? It’s time to add the brand of your choice to the cart. As the product arrives, be ready to record your own electric guitar music, and it takes a lot of patience and hard work. Constant practice can also play a critical role in turning your goals into a reality.
Read more – Micing A Guitar Amp