Are you looking for the best 6v6 guitar amp options available? There are a number to choose from but these are what I would consider to be among the best.
What To Expect With Guitar Amps With 6V6 Tubes
First of all, these guitar amps have a different tone quality then most that use EL34’s or 6L6’s for their power tubes. Depending on what you like, you may be like me and love the tone of these types of amps.
The tone tends to have more mids and less low end – maybe even a little compressed at higher volumes. To me, 6V6 tubes for guitar amps are great for blues players.
Best 6V6 Guitar Amp Options
Our 6V6 Guitar Tube Amp Reviews
Fender Deluxe Reverb
The Fender Deluxe Reverb came out in 1963 when Fender amps had their black amp face panels. This is one of Fender’s most celebrated amps ever made, and the Deluxe Reverb will be a great addition to your guitar arsenal.
Fender’s Deluxe Reverb is the king of the 6V6 guitar amp world, and is widely regarded as one of the best amplifiers that money can buy. The Deluxe Reverb is a very versatile amp; it receives high praise for its warm, clean tones, legendary Fender chime speaker combo. For its size and price, you will not find many amps like this one today in the market. This would be a good amp to start with no matter what style you play because it will cater to all types of music.
The Deluxe Reverb has a single 12″ speaker. It has 2 channels, each with its own volume control. The combo amp comes with a brownface-style reverb. It also has tremolo, bass and guitar volume controls, bright switches for both channels, and a standby switch that turns the amp on and off.
- It has a cool vibe when you have it hooked up on your live performances.
- The amp’s clean channel will impress you in terms of sound and it can get really loud as well.
- This is basically one of the best amps that you can use in your studio as well.
- The amp lacks versatility, especially with its mid-range and bass controls, which are not very effective when playing through this amp.
The Fender Champ is a jazz/rock combo amp. This amp has a great sound and the clean channel is fantastic for country, blues and classic rock sounds. The Champ has one channel and is loud enough to provide you good quality sound even when playing live or in your studio.
The classic 6V6 power amp tube generates 5 watts of power on its own, including the built-in Weber Special Design 8″ speaker. The amp has very simple controls with just one volume knob and two inputs.
The tweed design looks really cool and the amp is one of the best to use when playing live. This is a great amp for anyone who likes to play country and classic rock. You may also find it useful when performing with other musicians to experiment with various sounds as well.
- The Champ is light and can be easily moved from one place to another. If you are looking for an amp that you can use to practice at home or even use it in your studio, this one would be a great option because it is very affordable and does not draw a lot of energy as well.
- Since it is only 5 watts, it may not be the best for playing with a band. Great for the studio though!
Supro Delta King 10
The Supro Delta King 10 is a nice and compact amp with a single 10″ speaker. It has one channel with controls for volume and tone, plus an input jack. The amp does have reverb controls along with boost and drive switches.
The 6V6 output tubes make up for 5 watts of power in this combo amp. The amp has a single input jack and volume control. Despite its size, it has a 10″ speaker with warm, bassy tones. The volume does not come out as loud as other amps in the market. This is a very affordable amp for anyone who is looking for an amp that can be used to practice at home or even use it in your studio.
- It looks good and is quite cute. The great thing about this amp is that it can fit in almost anywhere, so you can bring it along with you when traveling to your gigs.
- This is the best option if you are looking for an amp that can be used in your recording studio as well, since it is affordable and has a good sound quality.
- It also has reverb controls, which makes the amp more accessible to other users.
- Since it is small, it doesn’t have a lot of volume.
Fender Super-Sonic 22
The Fender Super-Sonic 22 is a combo amp with a 12″ speaker and has 2 channels. The bass, treble and volume controls can all be adjusted to your liking. The amp’s clean channel is loud enough to produce very good tones regardless of whether you are practicing or performing live.
Like many other amps in the market, the Super-Sonic 22 has a 12″ speaker. It has an overdrive channel with a gain, level and tone boost controls.
The amp also has an effects loop and comes with a footswitch. It is basically a two-channel amp which can be used to perform in small pubs or even in your home studio. The amp has a classic look which fits well with the amps in this article. It is available on the market at an affordable price compared to other amps of its kind.
- It looks great and sounds even better. The clean channel has very good tone and it can be loud enough to produce good volume as well.
- This amp is a bit on the heavy side.
VHT AV-SP1-6 Special 6
The VHT AV-SP1-6 Special 6 is a very decent 6V6 amp. Though it is not as well-known as other amps in the market, it has several features to offer which make it very unique. This combo amplifier has the ability to deliver tones that are warm and clear, without any harshness or muddiness.
The amp has two channels which can be used to achieve tones that are clean and distorted. You can experience that real vintage tone that you may want to achieve. This amp is basically designed with the intention of giving you a great tone regardless of the type of music you decide to play.
It has a 10″ speaker, which not only gives you a loud sound but also delivers decent bass response. The amp also comes with two inputs, fotoswitch input and output jacks for extension speakers.
- Great price for a great sounding tube amp.
- The amp is not as durable as other amps in the market.
Our Good 6V6 Guitar Amp Conclusion
In this article, we have listed down some of the best 6V6 amps that can be used to produce good quality sound. All of these tube amps are great because they all have their own unique features which make them different from the other amps in the market.