Are you looking for a budget-friendly classical guitar and are confused about which one to opt for? Here we have some of the best classical guitar under 500 dollars options. Choosing the right classical guitar can be a time-consuming matter.
Quick Links To Our Best Classical Guitars Under $500 Recommendations
- Cordoba C5 Iberia Series Classical Guitar – MY TOP CHOICE! These classical guitars are an excellent quality instrument and sound great for the price! Good tone, cedar top, neck and rosewood fingerboard feels awesome!
- Ortega Guitars M39CS Custom Master Classical Guitar – My runner up choice. Another excellent classical guitar with great tone and playability!
- La Patrie Guitar
- NUYI 36 Inch Classical Guitar Beginner
- NUYI Classical Acoustic Guitar 39 Inch
- Jeterndy Acoustic Guitar Red Pine Veneer
- LIUFENGLONG Acoustic Beginners Guitar Red Pine Veneer Classical Guitar
- Alhambra 6 String Classical Guitar
- Ortega Guitars Family Series 6 String Classical Guitar
- Espana Classical Solid Top Cut-a-Way
You need not be overwhelmed as this decision can be easier once you check out the recommended classical guitars here. Even if this is your first time buying a guitar, don’t be scared as this list contains only the best ones in the market.
- 1 Quick Links To Our Best Classical Guitars Under $500 Recommendations
- 2 Our Top Classical Guitars Under 500 Reviews
- 2.1 1. Cordoba C5 Iberia Series Classical Guitar
- 2.2 2. Ortega Guitars M39CS Custom Master Classical Guitar
- 2.3 3. La Patrie Guitar
- 2.4 4. NUYI 36 Inch Classical Guitar Beginner
- 2.5 5. NUYI Classical Acoustic Guitar 39 Inch
- 2.6 6. Jeterndy Acoustic Guitar Red Pine Veneer
- 2.7 7. LIUFENGLONG Acoustic Beginners Guitar Red Pine Veneer Classical Guitar
- 2.8 8. Alhambra 6 String Classical Guitar
- 2.9 9. Ortega Guitars Family Series 6 String Classical Guitar
- 2.10 10. Espana Classical Solid Top Cut-a-Way
- 3 What To Look For When Choosing An Classical Guitar Under $500
- 4 Final Verdict On These Under 500 Classical Guitars
Read till the end of the guide to find the different specifications and details about the guitars that we have listed for you.
Our Top Classical Guitars Under 500 Reviews
1. Cordoba C5 Iberia Series Classical Guitar
Cordoba C5 Iberia Series is a very sought after guitar at an affordable rate. This guitar is mostly recommended for beginners who are just learning to play and need to buy a guitar within a strict budget.
Equipped with a Canadian cedar top, this guitar helps in producing a warm and vibrant sound. The sides and back of the guitar are made of mahogany. The rosewood fingerboard helps in creating amazing tunes.
The neck of the guitar has a two-way rod, which helps in grabbing the guitar without much effort. Moreover, the guitar is very lightweight, which makes you feel no pressure even when you use it for a long time.
The Cordoba C5 is a six-stringed guitar made from Savarez Cristal Corum strings, which are convenient to use. The guitar comes in a suitable full size and is most favorable for right-handed guitarists.
With a perfect polished body, the guitar gives a high end feel and does not look anything like a low-budget musical instrument.
- Canadian cedar top
- Mahogany sides and back
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Size – 2.04” nut width and 25.6” scale length
- High-quality warm sound
- Front pocket to keep music book
- Good quality padded gig bag
- Amazing playability
- Thin neck
- Cutaway shape
- Lower quality frets
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Cordoba C5 Iberia Series Classical Guitar
2. Ortega Guitars M39CS Custom Master Classical Guitar
The guitars from the custom master series are some of the best classical guitars in the market. The M39CS falls under the budget-friendly category and has been chosen by many advanced guitarists as their first guitar.
Not only is this good for beginners, but even the advanced players opt for this guitar due to its high-quality performance and the crisp sound produced. Equipped with only the best Savarez 500CJ strings, this guitar will not leave any area for complaints.
The guitar is also equipped with a 12-hole bridge, a Spanish heel, and a two-way truss rod. Along with these features, the guitar is also very lightweight as most guitar under this category.
- Color: Natural
- Scale Length: 650mm
- Nut Width: 50mm
- Top Wood: Canadian Red Cedar
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Bridge Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Type: Spanish heel
- Two-way truss rod
- Gold-plated Ortega tuner
- Savarez 500CJ strings
- Gloss finish in the top, back, and neck
- Lower quality sound
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Ortega Guitars M39CS Custom Master
3. La Patrie Guitar
The soundboard is the most attractive feature of the guitar. Made from solid cedar, the sound produced is rich and warm, which is better than any other guitar in this budget. The sound is extremely pleasing to the ears, especially the bass.
Suitable for beginner and intermediate players, this guitar is also sometimes used by advanced guitarists for certain music pieces. The mahogany back and side of the guitar produces a nice vibration when played.
The semi-gloss finish of the guitar gives it a natural look, which is liked by many guitarists. Being a very lightweight guitar, you would not feel it even after playing for long hours. This is a good feature for when you are playing in any concert or event for a long time.
- High-quality materials used
- Strong tone due to compensated saddle
- Tusq nut used for enhanced toning
- Crisp sound produced
- Value for money
- Comfortable to use
- Soothing tones
- The pre-installed string needs to be changed for better feel as well as sound.
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The La Patrie Guitar
4. NUYI 36 Inch Classical Guitar Beginner
The NUYI 36 inch classical guitar is designed specifically for children and young guitarists. The small size of the guitar makes it capable for children to reach all the notes. This is a mini guitar which can be easily taken for tours and during travel.
As can be derived from the small size, the guitar is very lightweight since it is for small kids. Young guitarists can easily use this guitar for a long duration. The guitar is also used by many women for stage performances.
With a rosewood fingerboard and bridge, the guitar is highly recommended for its good sound quality. The basics of the guitar are very simple since this is mostly bought by new guitarists who have just stepped into the world of this instrument.
- Size: 36 inches
- String: D’Addario
- Plate: Spruce Veneer
- Voice Coil: Color shell
- Side or base Wall: Sapele
- Chord Knob: Chrome closed type
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Wrapping Edge: Wooden edge
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Designed for children
- Beautiful finish
- Not suitable for adults
Take a look at these other best beginner classical guitar options too.
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The NUYI 36 Inch Classical Guitar Beginner
5. NUYI Classical Acoustic Guitar 39 Inch
The back and sides of the guitar are made from spruce. This full-size guitar can easily be handled by children. The positioning of the Fretboard is accurate, which makes it easy to play even down the neck.
The tuning heads of the guitar are easily adjustable. The smoothness of the tuning pegs is perfect for new learners and children. The guitar is equipped with nylon strings, which are mostly used in all classical guitars.
- Top: Rosewood
- Sides and Back: Spruce
- Strings: Nylon
- Easy to use for new learners
- Smooth tuning pegs
- Not great quality sound
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The NUYI Classical Acoustic Guitar 39 Inch
6. Jeterndy Acoustic Guitar Red Pine Veneer
This 41-inch guitar is very comfortable and has amazing playability. With a smooth surface, the guitar produces optimal quality sound. Since the length of the guitar is not much, you can easily reach all the notes without much effort.
The guitar is made only from selected material, which is the reason for not only its high-quality finish but also for the excellent sound it produces. The backside of the guitar is made from rosewood, and so are the bridge and the fingerboard.
The knobs of the guitar are closed knobs. If you have an interest in learning concert guitar, then the Jeterndy Acoustic guitar is the one you should opt for. The guitar is easy to learn from, and you would be able to use more advanced classical guitars once you have set your hand on this.
- Size: 41 inches
- Neck: Mahogany
- Panel: Red pine veneer
- Paint: Highlight
- Bottom Side Panel: Rosewood
- Hemming: ABS
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- String Knob: Closed knob
- Excellent quality of sound
- Suitable for beginners
- Made from high-quality rosewood
- Perfect size to reach all notes without much effort
- Not the right choice for advanced guitarists
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Jeterndy Acoustic Guitar Red Pine Veneer
7. LIUFENGLONG Acoustic Beginners Guitar Red Pine Veneer Classical Guitar
Designed for both children as well as adults, the guitar is the right choice for students who are learning guitar. If you are a beginner and learning a new instrument, then the LIUFENGLONG Acoustic Beginners Guitar is the right choice for you.
The neck of the guitar is slim, which makes carrying it around comfortably. The guitar is 39 inches in length, which makes it possible for you to reach all the notes. The material used to build the guitar contributes to the excellent sound that it produces.
The design of the guitar is outstanding, built only from the best quality materials. The material used in the making of this guitar is peach core veneer. The knobs and bridge of the guitar are high-end classical.
If you are looking for simple guitar in the category of best classical guitars under 500 dollar, then this is the guitar for you.
- Size: 39 inches
- Back Side: Peach core veneer
- Color: Wood
- Fingerboard: Tech ebony
- Lacquered: Gloss
- Produces a sweet sound
- Perfect for beginners and students
- High-quality material used
- Easy to reach all notes
- May not be suitable for experienced guitarists
- Less durable than most guitars in the category
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The LIUFENGLONG Acoustic Beginners Guitar Red Pine
8. Alhambra 6 String Classical Guitar
Alhambra is another guitar brand that is suitable as a budget-friendly option. The sound produced from the guitar has a Spanish tone to it, which is very soothing. The body of the guitar has a cutaway that is perfect for guitarists who face problems while using the higher strings.
The cutaway also gives immense comfort to the guitarist, and you can easily place it on your lap. The top of the guitar is made from high-quality cedar wood, which is the reason for the warm tones that it produces.
The guitar is highly durable, and you can use it for a long time without any worries.
The Alhambra has a hard case, which is a bonus of buying this guitar. With the hard case, the guitar can stay safe even while traveling. If you are planning to go on tours and carry your guitar with you, then this is a very secure option for you.
- Back and Body Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Top Material: Cedar
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- String Material: Nylon
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Guitar Bridge: Hardtail Bridge
- Availability of the left-handed model
- Several designs
- Bulkier than most classical guitars
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Alhambra 6 String Classical Guitar
9. Ortega Guitars Family Series 6 String Classical Guitar
If you are here looking for a guitar for your kid, then the Ortega family series guitars are the right choice for you. This guitar provides value for money and would be perfect for kids even under the age of 10.
Marked as a guitar for beginners, this is also used by adults who have just started learning the instrument. This is recommended due to the simple features and high durability, which helps in learning the ins and outs of the instrument.
The guitar is equipped with 540CXS strings and a 12-hole bridge. With a spruce top, white glossy finish and mahogany sides and back, this guitar has an exceptional design and look.
- Scale: 560mm or 22.05”
- Nut Width: 43.5mm or 1.71”
- Strings: Savarez 540CXS
- of Frets: 18
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Tuning: Standard E-tuning
- Bridge: Ortega guitars 12-hole bridge
- Trussrod: Integrated
- Can be used by beginners and children
- Glossy finish
- 6-String instrument
- Easy tuning knobs
- Not suitable for intermediate or advanced players
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Ortega Guitars Family Series 6 String
10. Espana Classical Solid Top Cut-a-Way
For people who are beginning their journey as a guitarist, the Espana Classical guitar is a great choice. One of the few beginner guitars to make its place in the market, the Espana Classical guitar is famous for its quality and value for money.
Better known for their series of electric guitars, the Espana Classical guitar is also highly sought after. The guitar has a solid cedar top that helps in producing amazing sound quality. The mahogany finish of the body gives it a flawless look and feel.
Like most classical guitars, the body is glossy, along with a mosaic rosette, which gives it a nice touch. The Espana Classical guitar is lightweight, and you do not have to struggle while picking it up.
With a wide neck, the size of the guitar is easy to carry and also holds for a long time without feeling any discomfort. The sound produced is very strong and clear, which makes the quality almost flawless.
- Dexterity: Right-Handed
- Scale Length: 650mm or 25.6”
- Nut Width: 51mm or 2”
- of Frets: 18
- Fretboard Radius: Flat
- Tuners: Classical open gear
- Cutaway top rated acoustic electric guitar
- Solid top with consistent sound
- High-quality tuners
- Low playability
Our Rating –
Check The Latest Price On The Espana Classical Solid Top Cut-a-Way
What To Look For When Choosing An Classical Guitar Under $500
If you are looking for a classical guitar and have around $500 to spend, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to see what features to look out for in this price range.
As a beginner guitar player, you don’t want to buy an instrument without knowing what you need. Entering such a delicate market is difficult, but if you know what to look for in the classical guitars under $500 range, it becomes a lot easier. Developing your style can be a daunting task, but choosing the right guitar will make it so much easier.
- The most important thing to look for in a $500 guitar is the wood. Make sure that spruce, cedar, or mahogany tops are used in your potential guitar. The top is essentially the “face” of the guitar, and it’s also incredibly important as far as sound quality goes.
- Another feature to check out is the bracing. The X-bracing method is loved by many people, but if you are struck by another type of traditional bracing, it would be worth your while to look into it.
- You should be sure that the guitar you choose has a nice set of inlays as well. The inlay serves as a decoration and as a way to guide you through the instrument.
- One thing that is easy to overlook is sound quality and volume control. The best way to test the sound quality is to hold it in your hands. Sound seems to become much clearer when you actually touch the guitar.
- Take into consideration your personal preference as well. If you prefer a sound ideal for classical music, then that’s how you should go about buying it. Choosing a sound ideal for rock music is a mistake which you don’t want to make.
- Another thing you should look for are extra features such as a pick guard, a case, or even the kind of strings it comes with. It is important to remember that these are all just bonuses and not necessities.
- The action of your guitar should be taken into consideration as well. Making sure the strings have been adjusted properly will keep them from buzzing and make playing much easier on your hands and fingers.
Here are some top acoustic guitar under 500 options too.
Final Verdict On These Under 500 Classical Guitars
Classical guitars come in various price ranges and designs. If you are looking for the top classical guitar under $500 with long durability, then you can follow the above-mentioned recommendations. These guitars each have their special features, and you can choose the one that suits your requirements.
With the right string instrument, you will be able to go a long way in fulfilling your passion. Follow our guide and make the right choice for yourself or your child.
Waste no more time and buy your chosen classical guitar today!