The handle of your guitar case is as important as the case itself. It is essential that it is strong enough and sturdy to hold and protect your instrument. This being said, at all times, it must be checked if in cases that it might be in need of DIY guitar repair or even replacement. You would want the best for your instrument, so you wish for it to have a case which is reliable to handle and protect it.
- Recommended Guitar Case Handle Replacements
- DIY Solutions for Replacing your Guitar Case Handle
- Other Options:
- Wrapping It Up
Rips, chips, and tears on the case handle or shoulder straps cannot be avoided, especially if the case has been with you for the longest time. The worst case is if the handle breaks off entirely. In these circumstances, the case handle may be in need of fixing or even replacement. You can try looking for case handle replacements in the market, and you can choose to go for DIY solutions to replace your worn out guitar case handle.
Recommended Guitar Case Handle Replacements
Depending on what type of guitar case you have, there are guitar case handle grip replacement that you can find out in the market. Here are 5 of the best guitar case handle replacements that you can find.
Guitar Case Artificial Leather Case Handle
Each plate of this guitar case handle has a mounting hole spacing of 23 mm, and a 92 mm inner mounting hole. This is a sturdy and high-quality guitar case handle that you can buy. This artificial leather handle is heavy-duty, good for repairing musical cases, even luggage, and especially guitar cases. Overall the measurement of this guitar case handle is about 127mm x 55mm, not including its mounting plate. To attach this leather case handle, you’ll be needing case rivets and screws. These, however, aren’t included with the package.
Fender Guitar Case Handle
This handle is designed for fender guitar cases but is also compatible with different types of cases: this a sturdy and reliable guitar case that is trusted by many. What’s great about this is that you can be free to choose which color you would want. Like the first, rivets and screws are not included with the guitar case handle.
Ferree’s Tools Vinyl Case Handle
Compatible with all types of guitar cases, Ferree’s Tools vinyl case handle is durable and high-quality. It is made of quality material, which makes it guaranteed strong and secure. The durable vinyl, which was used for this handle, can hold up well and long even for the most punishing use, no matter where it will be brought.
E55 Plastic Case Handle for Guitar, musical cases, and luggage
This may be plastic, but it is sturdy and definitely reliable. Like the other types of handles, this handle can be mounted as well with the use of rivets or screws (not included). This heavy duty black plastic handle is great for all types of cases, which can assure that it is good for whatever guitar case that you have. If your case handle is worn out, you should definitely consider replacing it with this quality one.
4423 Plastic Case Handle for Guitar, musical cases, and luggage
This plastic handle grip is guaranteed durable and secure for handling your guitar case. It also works best even for other cases, musical cases, and even suitcase luggage. It is made of high-quality plastic, which is meant to handle even heavy objects, such as some types of guitar. You are sure to get a good fix with this handle. If you want to repair a broken case, handle, or replace your worn out one, you should definitely give this a go. Rivets and screws are not included, which should be used in order to mount this handle.
DIY Solutions for Replacing your Guitar Case Handle
Guitar cases and even their handles are meant and designed to be strong and reliable for keeping your guitar safe and protected from any scratches or damages. In most cases, broken guitar cases cannot be avoided. The most usual complaints would be broken guitar case handles, or worst case handles that entirely snaps off. If you are one who wishes to get creative, there is a DIY solution for an easy and quick fix and replacement, which will help you with this problem. Here presented are temporary and permanent fixes you can do to fix your guitar case handle. All you need to do is follow a few steps and gather needed materials to do so.
- Guitar Case Handle
- Duct Tape
- Wire Cutter
- 2 Split Rivets
- (If necessary) Screws
Temporary Fix and Solution
- Get the duct tape and pull 3-4 feet of it.
- Through a motion with your wrists and hands, wrap the duct tape like a cocoon.
- The motion you should be doing should be similar to reeling a fish pole. What you are making is the piece itself, which will act as the actual handle you can hold.
- When you are done with doing this carrying handle, bend it to form a crescent shape.
- Get the duct tape again and cut off several pieces of it, measuring about 4 inches long.
- To make sure that it firmly attaches to the case, wrap these pieces of duct tape around the ends of the handle.
- To make sure that it is sturdy enough, try it out, use the made handle to pick up the case.
- If necessary, you can add more duct tape to make it strong enough.
Permanent Fix and Solution
If in cases that you preferred to buy a new handle, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Before starting the replacement or repair, do make sure that the guitar is out of the case.
- Remove any broken pieces or tears from the broken handle that might possibly still be attached to the guitar case.
- Snap the original rivet in half to remove it. Use a wire cutter in order to do so.
- On the original hardware and in between the holders, you now have to slide the new handle into place.
- Through the hardware, now, slide in the split rivets. Do be sure that the flat ends are on the insides of each of the handle’s end.
- The split ends of the rivets must be bent as close as possible to a 90-degree angle. This will make sure that it holds the handles in place.
If you wish to make the replacement convenient for you or if you don’t have enough time to do the replacement on your own, you can look for a repair shop which can do the job. Local luggage and shoe repair shops may be able to help you with that and replace the handle.
Wrapping It Up
The handle of your guitar case must be strong and secure enough to handle your instrument. With this said, it is a must that you replace it as soon as you spot any damages, tears, or rips on the handle. Guitar case handle replacements are everywhere on the internet, and there are even who sells replacements at a very affordable price. For those who are creative, you can try making your own DIY guitar case handle replacement. There are a lot of solutions which can help and that includes these mentioned in this article.