Quick Picks To Our Alvarez Acoustic Guitar Recommendations
- Alvarez Regent RD26 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – OUR TOP CHOICE!
- Alvarez ABT60 Artist Series Guitar
- Alvarez RF26CE Regent Series
- Alvarez Artist Series AJ80CE Jumbo
- Alvarez ABT60E Artist Series Guitar
- Alvarez Artist AG75WCE Grand Auditorium
- Alvarez AF60CESHB Artist Series Guitar
- Alvarez AG60CE Artist Series Guitar
Our Top Alvarez Acoustic Guitar Reviews
- Quick Picks To Our Alvarez Acoustic Guitar Recommendations
- Our Top Alvarez Acoustic Guitar Reviews
- Are Alvarez Acoustic Guitars Any Good?
- What Artists Play Alvarez Guitars?
- When Did Alvarez Start Making Guitars?
Alvarez Regent RD26 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
This guitar is a steal for the price. It is a popular guitar for beginners and advanced players alike. Though not as robust as more expensive guitars, the Alvarez Regent is a great buy for those wanting to try out an acoustic guitar without breaking the bank.
It features a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, bone nut and bridge, rosewood bridge pins, rosewood fingerboard with dot inlay, scalloped X bracing and chrome tuners.
It is very easy to play and sounds great. The tone is well balanced, strong and pleasing to the ear. It is suitable for finger-picking or strumming.
- Good price, nice case and the guitar has a good finish. It comes in three different colors, black, sunburst and natural.
- The guitar may need some adjustments before you play.
Overall this is a great quality guitar at an affordable price with very good sound quality.
Alvarez ABT60 Artist Series Guitar
The spruce top has excellent projection and the mahogany neck, mahogany and spruce back and sides provide a nice warm, woody tone with plenty of sustain. The rosewood fretboard with 20 frets and pearl dot inlays provide a comfortable and familiar playing surface.
The semi-gloss finish with satin lacquer is attractive and very durable. It has a slotted headstock with cast-iron machine heads that are easy to tune.
- This is a great guitar for a beginner or a more advanced player. The finish and the sound quality are very good.
- It can be difficult to setup properly, there seems to be two different types of strings for this guitar, one set of strings may fray when you try to tune it. However, once setup right it plays well and has a nice tone.
Overall this acoustic guitar from Alvarez provides an excellent value for the price.
Alvarez RF26CE Regent Series
This is another popular Alvarez acoustic guitar and it performs very well. It features a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides and mahogany neck. The rosewood fingerboard with the traditional “X” bracing yields a full, balanced tone with great projection.
The cutaway design gives access to the upper frets for easy chord changes and playing around the 12th fret is easy as well. The chrome-plated machine heads are easy to tune.
This guitar has a nice vintage tone with plenty of “meat” in the low end. The mahogany bridge contributes beautifully to the overall sound, making it ideal for finger-picking, strumming or picking. It is also very comfortable to play.
- Good price, good sound, nice finish and the guitar is setup properly for you to start playing. It comes with a good quality case.
- Be sure to restring it immediately. The strings are not very good and they wear out quickly.
This is a good guitar for the price, it has a nice tone, is easy to play and sounds well overall.
Alvarez Artist Series AJ80CE Jumbo
It features a solid spruce top, maple back and sides and a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and scalloped bracing. It has a cutaway, making it easier for finger-picking, strumming and fingerstyle playing.
The magnetic double coil pickups are great for live performances. There is a preamp built in with volume, bass, treble and phase controls. It comes with a very nice padded hard case.
This guitar is very easy to play- it looks great and sounds great as well.
- The price is very affordable for the quality of this guitar. It produces a great sound and the tone is balanced.
- The strings are not good, they quickly lose their tuning ability. However with the right setup the guitar is a joy to play.
Alvarez ABT60E Artist Series Guitar
The solid spruce top has a very nice sound that is full. The mahogany back and sides produce a well balanced tone that is rich in bass and mids. They are also easy to play.
This guitar has a beautiful scalloped bracing which makes it resonate very well.
The LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element pickup make it ideal for live performances.
- Good price, good sound, adjustable bridge and the strings are good quality. It is easy to play and great for finger-picking or strumming.
- The tuning pegs could be better and this guitar needs a professional setup before you can start playing it.
Alvarez Artist AG75WCE Grand Auditorium
This is another alternative Alvarez acoustic guitar with the traditional X bracing. The Mahogany back and dark walnut sides produces a well balanced tone that is rich in bass and mids. They are also easy to play.
The grand auditorium body shape is comfortable and easy to play- it is also an excellent choice for finger-picking or strumming. It has a cutaway, making it easier for access to the higher frets.
It has a beautiful scalloped bracing which makes it resonate very well.
- Good price, good sound and the guitar is very easy to play. It comes with a nice case.
- The tuners could be better.
Alvarez AF60CESHB Artist Series Guitar
This is a very nice guitar with a wonderful tone and great sound. It has a cutaway and the mahogany back and sides produce a well balanced tone that is rich in bass and mids. They are also easy to play.
It features the traditional scalloped bracing which makes it resonate very well. It produces a very nice warm, woody tone with plenty of sustain. The rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and one inlay at the 12th fret provide a comfortable and familiar playing surface.
It also has an LR Baggs StagePro EQ with Element Pick Up which provides a great natural sound with the right amount of bass and treble.
The dreadnought body gives a very nice projection and the guitar stays in tune well.
- Good price, good sound and the guitar is very easy to play.
- It can be difficult to set up properly, the strings are not very good quality and they quickly wear out. However once you get it setup right, it plays well and has great sound.
Alvarez AG60CE Artist Series Guitar
This is a great Alvarez acoustic guitar at a competitive price. It has a solid spruce top, Mahogany back and sides and the rosewood fingerboard with scalloped bracing that produces a full, balanced tone with great projection.
The cutaway allows for easy access to the upper frets for easier chord changes and it is also an excellent choice for finger-picking or strumming.
The semi-gloss finish looks great and the tuners that were also made in Japan are smooth and stay in tune well.
- This is a good price for this guitar. It sounds great and is very easy to play. It has a beautiful tone that projects well beyond the body of the instrument, not just to the sides or in front, but also away from you as well, depending on how you are seated.
- Be sure to restring it immediately as the strings do not stay in tune very long. It needs a professional setup before you can start playing it.
Are Alvarez Acoustic Guitars Any Good?
Yes! Alvarez acoustic guitars are highly regarded and well known for their wide array of affordable and high quality instruments.
The quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into the building of every instrument is evident in the tone and playability of every instrument they produce. There is a huge selection of different models and price points, so there is something for everyone. You can find an acoustic guitar to fit your needs and within your budget.
If you are looking for an affordable, easy to play and great sounding guitar, Alvarez acoustic guitars are among the best in their class.
What Artists Play Alvarez Guitars?
The likes of Josh Turner, Ani DiFranco, Sir Paul McCartney, Joe Bonamassa, Bono and many more have all used Alvarez guitars.
One reason is because they are well known for their quality craftsmanship and affordable prices. Many other artists choose them because they like the way they sound and play. They are also very popular choice for young up and coming artists because of the unique tonal qualities of the guitars, which make them excel at live performances.
When Did Alvarez Start Making Guitars?
They had a strong desire to create guitars that were both affordable and of good quality. They set out to build a guitar that would rival guitars 2 or 3 times the price.
There is something about an Alvarez guitar that inspires musicians to pick one up and start playing. Whether it be the unique way it sounds or its beautiful look, there is something about Alvarez instruments that continues to draw musicians in.